Swedish Radio’s English Service provides listeners in Sweden with Swedish news and current affairs in English. As a part of our team, you would be helping to produce daily online news coverage that reflects the important events in Swedish society. Our team is used to a fast-paced environment.
Background and qualifications
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English (At native-speaker level)
- You must have excellent Swedish skills
- You must have experience of working as a journalist, and can find your own stories out in the community
- Background knowledge of Swedish society, politics, and current affairs is also a must
- Radio experience is desirable
- You must be able to produce error-free copy that can be published online without the help of an editor
- You must have experience of working with social media platforms in a professional environment
- You are able to cope with a stressful newsroom-environment
You are a team player, who takes direction well. You have good judgment, must be able to work quickly, have ideas and take the initiative.
What can we offer you?
A creative and stimulating workplace. We work actively to ensure our staff have the opportunity to develop their skills.
We are looking for substitutes who can do occasional shifts on short notice as well as longer contracts which are planned in advance, for example, during the summer. You would work on a rotating schedule as editor and news reporter, as well as with social media. You would be working to tight deadlines. Applicants should be based in the Stockholm area as we give short notice when work becomes available.
Send both your CV and cover letter in Swedish by February 1st 2017.
Would you like to know more?
Team leader Zana Schiroyi will be happy to answer any questions: email@example.com Union related questions will be answered by Pablo Dalence (SJF) firstname.lastname@example.org and Erland von Heijne (Unionen) email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!