Du måste aktivera javascript för att sverigesradio.se ska fungera korrekt och för att kunna lyssna på ljud. Har du problem med vår sajt så finns hjälp på http://kundo.se/org/sverigesradio/

Confusion Over Tsunami Back-Up Tapes

Published onsdag 15 november 2006 kl 11.35
Lars Danielsson testifies about the tsunami response

Around thirty back-up tapes that may cast light on the actions of the Swedish government after the Asian tsunami disaster may have disappeared.

The tapes were found in October, after the former Social Democratic government had claimed that all e-mail from the period in question had been erased. At the time it was said there were 150 tapes, but when the head of the disaster investigation commission picked them up recently, there were only 119.

On the other hand, the official who found the tapes says he doesn’t know how many there were, so there might not have been more than 119.

The e-mail records might cast light on the actions of then-state secretary Lars Danielsson, who has provided conflicting accounts. Danielsson has now returned to his former job at the Foreign Ministry, but his future there remains unclear. Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said Saturday that Danielsson will not be appointed to any of several open ambassadorial posts.

Our journalism is based on credibility and impartiality. Swedish Radio is independent and not affiliated to any political, religious, financial, public or private interests.
Har du frågor eller förslag gällande våra webbtjänster?

Kontakta gärna Sveriges Radios supportforum där vi besvarar dina frågor vardagar kl. 9-17.

Du hittar dina sparade avsnitt i menyn under "Min lista".