Woman Dies From Eating Mushrooms
A woman from Thailand who’d been taken to hospital in Sweden for mushroom poisoning has died from acute liver failure.
A woman from Thailand who’d been taken to hospital in Sweden for mushroom poisoning has died from liver failure.
The 50 year old woman who’d been visiting Skåne in the south of Sweden, is thought to have eaten a death cap mushroom which is highly poisonous, and attacks the liver.
She was transfered to a hospital in Gothenburg but died on Sunday.
Two other people also taken to hospital with mushroom poisoning have recovered.
Mushroom picking in the forests of Sweden is extremely popular during the summer months but it’s highly unusual for someone to die here from mushroom poisoning.
The woman became only the 16th person to die from mushroom poisoning in Sweden since the 50’s.