Subway gas may have been glue fumes
Swedish Radio News reports that the mysterious substance that made some travelers sick and led to the closure of a subway station may have been glue.
It was late Wednesday evening that around half a dozen people in the subway station in the Stockholm suburb of Solna began to complain of a strange gas that made them feel sick.
Rescue services cleared the station, but were unable to determine the substance that was responsible.
Now the Solna police say someone broke into a school next to the station and stole 50 liters of glue stored there for renovation work, and then dumped it in the schoolyard. They speculate it was the glue fumes that penetrated to the station.