food safety

Mass food poisoning at xmas feast

Published torsdag 20 december 2012 kl 10:34
Julbord. Foto Leif R Jansson / SCANPIX
A traditional Swedish Christmas "julbord". Photo Leif R Jansson / SCANPIX

A Christmas lunch left a bitter aftertaste for restaurant guests in in the north of Sweden. Around 70 came down with a nasty stomach bug, after a traditional Swedish Yule smorgoasbord in Luleå 

“This is evidently a case of food poisoning,” Anders Österlund, a doctor specializing in communicable diseases, told the local Norrbottens-Kuriren newspaper.

The restaurant has now decided to stop offering the Christmas smorgasbords for this season.

Tests have been carried out but reason behind the outbreak is still unknown.

Print article

Share

Comments

Comment

Nedanstående kommentarer kommer från användare och är inte en del av det redaktionella innehållet. I och med att du skickar in en kommentar bekräftar du också att du accepterar The following comments have been made by visitors to sverigesradio.se and are not part of the editorial content. Comments may be moderated after they are published. By leaving a comment, you confirm your acceptance of Swedish Radio's rules on commenting.
Du kan kommentera anonymt. Vill du inte uppge din e-post kan du därför skriva in en påhittad t ex ”intejag@jkldsa.se”

More