Infant received sedative overdose
A premature baby who was treated at the Skåne University Hospital in Lund received a dose of sedatives that was 10 times too strong.
After the overdose the boy's blood pressure sank fast and he suffered a brain hemorrhage, which could have been caused by the high blood pressure, Swedish Television reports.
The National Board of Health and Welfare ruled that adequate precautions have been taken at the hospital to maintain patient security. The stated reason for the medication miss was a high workload.