Shepherd's pie Gordon Ramsay style!
Onsdagen den 18 november gästades vi av Alison Milner, engelsklärare på Engelska skolan i Sundsvall. Hon bjöd på en riktig engelsk klassiker Shepherd's pie. Receptet kommer dessutom från den engelska stjärnkocken Gordon Ramsay (Elaka kocken).
Fler av Gordon Ramsays recept hittar du på
Receptet hittar du här...
Ingredients Shepherd's pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g minced lean lamb
- 1 large onion, finely grated
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Handful of thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 sprig of rosemary, needles chopped
- 250 ml red wine
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 kg Desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 50 g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Parmesan, for grating
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Method: How to make shepherd's pie
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/gas 4 -and get prepped by watching Gordon prepare this shepherd's pie.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan until hot. Season the mince and fry in the oil over moderate to high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir the onions and carrot into the mince then grate the garlic in as well. Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree and herbs and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the red wine and reduce until almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce has thickened
3. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain then return to the hot pan over low heat to dry out briefly. Pass them through a potato ricer then beat in the egg yolks, followed by about 2 tbsp grated Parmesan. Check for seasoning
4. Spoon the mince into the bottom of a large ovenproof dish. Using a large spoon, layer the mashed potato generously on top of the mince, starting from the outside and working your way into the middle. Grate some extra Parmesan over and season. Fluff up the mash potato with a fork to make rough peaks. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown