Swedish Radio interview with human rights activist Peter Dahlin
Swedish humans rights activist Peter Dahlin har been released from Chinese custody and arrived on Swedish soil on tuesday. Here are his first comments.
– I'm back in Sweden now, I got back this morning after several flight delays. I'm back in my home town, with my parents, Peter Dahlin told Swedish Radio.
– I'm obviously quite happy to be back but three of my colleagues and close friends are still incarcerated without a quick solution in sight.
– As I've been isolated during this whole time, apart from a quick visit from the embassy, I don't know what has been said or what has been going on, neither in the media nor on the diplomatic front.
– In spite of this it has been obvious that the embassy in Beijing and the foreign ministry here in Sweden have, as far as I can tell, done a wonderful job. They have really gone above and beyond.
– I'm obviously very grateful to the people at the embassy that have worked on this matter.
– My girlfriend is released and there are no more allegations against her. I, however, have been released on medical and diplomatic grounds. This means that the allegations against me remain and if I return to China I will be put on trial for this crime.
Peter Dahlin in an interview with Swedish Radio Beijing correspondent Hanna Sahlberg and freelance journalist Tilde Lewin.