- Revelations of corruption at National Audit Office, dozens of sex offenses reported at Swedish festivals, commuters still face grueling journey from Denmark to Sweden, and the take away from Almedalen
- Jonas Sjöstedt in Almedalen.
The Left party focused their day in Almedalen on criticising the Social Democrat led government. "Far too much of the unfairness from the (centre-right) Alliance years in government is still there," said party leader Jonas Sjöstedt.
- Party leader Anna Kinberg Batra.
The center-right Moderate Party wants to step up integration efforts for immigrants and asylum seekers by tying state aid and resident permits to attending mandatory courses on the Swedish language and society.
- Answers tough questions.
The Green Party is taking the stage today at Almedalen and is attempting to turn the focus back to the party’s core ideals after a string of political setbacks struck the co-governing party.
- Highlighted by politicians at Almedalen.
Swedish values have become a hot topic during the on-going politics week of Almedalen, on the island of Gotland.
- More mingles than meetings.
Sweden's annual political gathering Almedalen is underway on the Baltic island of Gotland this week, but one group believes local governments should think twice before sending people to attend.
- Sweden's annual political gathering Almedalen is underway but is attending it worth the cost? And could a driver's license help integrate immigrants into the Swedish workplace?
- Leader of the Sweden Democrats: Need to"regain control" in "lost" neighborhoods(1:11 min) (1:11 min)Curfews.
The opposition Sweden Democrats, during their party’s day at the political week of Almedalen, laid out a proposal to "bring back law and order" to socially excluded areas.
- Leader of the Christian Democrats: It is important that individuals are not passive for too long so they can enter the workforce easier.(2:07 min) (2:07 min)20 hours/week.
The Christian Democrats, on their party’s day during the political week of Almedalen on Gotland, are advocating for stricter requirements on asylum seekers.
- Prime Minister: The plan will focus on five areas including fighting crime and strengthening democratic values.(1:51 min) (1:51 min)Almedalen.
On Tuesday, the Social Democrats host their day at Almedalen Week with an emphasis on efforts for more social inclusion.
- Center Party Leader: A law cannot prevent rape but it can send a message to society.(1:47 min) (1:47 min)Annie Lööf.
The Center Party spent part of their day in the spotlight during the political week of Almedalen, on the island of Gotland, highlighting what action can be taken to prevent sexual assault, among other issues.
- Liberal Party Leader: The EU needs more decision-making power to tackle today's issues.(1:48 min) (1:48 min)Jan Björklund.
The Liberal Party kicked off Sweden's political week of Almedalen, on Sunday, by advocating for a more powerful EU and also more teacher training.
- Week-long political gathering.
Sunday marks the beginning of Sweden's annual political jamboree in Visby called Almedalen Week.
- "We risk becoming a curling society."
The Almedalen political week in Gotland had its last official day yesterday and over the weekend both the Left Party and Liberal Party had their days.
- "We're dependent on space every day".
Sweden may soon have a new strategy for space, with proposals on how to get the most out of the money invested into space activities.