Swine Flu

Complex Allowances for H1N1 Schools

Parents of children in school will receive temporary child allowance if schools are closed due to swine flu (H1N1)—but only if a doctor makes the call. If a municipality decides to close a school, no allowances will be paid, Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter reports.

If schools close, parents will be allowed to stay home from work to take care of their children, even if they aren't sick. But parents will receive no allowance from the National Insurance Fund if a municipality makes the decision to close a school rather than a doctor.

Our journalism is based on credibility and impartiality. Swedish Radio is independent and not affiliated to any political, religious, financial, public or private interests.
Du hittar dina sparade avsnitt i menyn under "Min lista".