1 av 2
2 av 2

Mother and Children Treated for CO Poisoning

A pregnant Iraqi mother and her six children have been hospitalized here for carbon monoxide poisoning, after they lit a fire in a root cellar with no ventilation where they had been staying for several days.

The family, which has lived in Sweden for 10 years, had been living with relatives in Gävle, north of Stockholm, until Friday, when they moved into the underground room, used for storing vegetables during the winter. The six children, aged between 5 and 14, were treated for smoke inhalation, while their mother was placed in a pressure chamber.

The family’s father was reportedly already being treated in a local hospital for other reasons. Local social services are now providing the family with housing.

Our journalism is based on credibility and impartiality. Swedish Radio is independent and not affiliated to any political, religious, financial, public or private interests.
Du hittar dina sparade avsnitt i menyn under "Min lista".