A fire hazard?

Disinfected Hand Caught Fire

And a nurse in northern Sweden whose hand caught fire when she touched a metal trolley after having washed her hands in alcohol-based disinfectant.

One theory is that it was the static electricity from her touching the trolley, that set the alcohol alight. The nurse had just before the incident patted a dog, and touched a pair of synthetic trousers, which might have something to do with it. The woman escaped without any serious injury.

Our journalism is based on credibility and impartiality. Swedish Radio is independent and not affiliated to any political, religious, financial, public or private interests.
Du hittar dina sparade avsnitt i menyn under "Min lista".