Prosecutor Artur Wrona told reporters that they want to bring the three Swedish suspects to Poland for questioning.
"We want to confirm the identity of these individuals, about whom we have partial details. We want them to be questioned by Polish investigators in Poland," prosecutor Artur Wrona told reporters.
"The evidence gathered is solid enough to charge one of them, and possibly another. The third would be questioned as a witness," he added.
Poland sent Sweden a formal request on December 31 for aid in its investigation of the theft, which was discovered on December 18 at the former World War II death camp in southern Poland. Two days later the sign , which had been cut into three pieces, was recovered with police making five arrests.
Last week, a British tabloid, the Sunday Mirror, claimed that a plan had been hatched where the sign would be shipped to Sweden, to a group of Swdish neo-Nazis, where it would then be transferred to a wealthy British nazi sympathizer, who masterminded the theft.