In the 06:30 Apollo flight to Hurghada this morning, 26 out of 183 passengers had chosen not to travel, Swedish Radio News reports.
On Saturday evening, the Foreign Ministry's press spokesman confirmed that they have received reports of looting in Hurghada and the popular tourist resort Sharm el-Sheikh. "but according to our information it concerns looting of business properties on a limited scale," says press spokesman Joakim Larsson to TT.
A possible change in advice will come after a meeting by the Cairo ambassadors of EU countries which is held sunday morning. The news agency TT reported on Sunday morning that the American embassy in Cairo recommend all American citizens in Egypt to leave the country as soon as possible.
The travel agency Apollo is preparing for a possible change in the Foreign Ministery advice. "we are preparing for all eventualities," says Kajsa Moström at Apollo. She does however say that they will not be able to evacuate all Swedes in one day, as it may be hard to find enough airplanes that quickly.
The group of Swedes that were flown home on Saturday evening tell journalists that they have not seen much of the unrest, but that there are a lot of military vehicles and staff out, and that there was a lot of people at the airport. They also say they had been told to stay in the area of their hotel, and not to undertake any daytrips anywhere.
The Foreign Ministry says there are some 15,000 Swedes currently in Egypt. Most of them are tourists, but 184 Swedes have registered at the embassy as residents of Egypt.