A Swedish woman's beach holiday was ruined by severe burns caused by her bikini top. Photo: Teh Eng Koon/Scanpix.
Metal wiring causes Swedish woman injury on the beach

Woman says burned by bikini

A woman from Skåne in southern Sweden has had to ask for a refund after a bikini she bought from the Swedish clothing chain KappAhl left her, she says, with severe burns under her breasts.

The woman needed medical treatment for the burns that she received while on holiday. The woman and her doctor suspect they were caused by the metal wiring in the top part of the bikini, reports television channel TV 4 News Malmö.

While the bikini model is still being sold by KappAhl, the company's head of information Charlotte Högberg told the news agency TT that it is being tested to ensure that it is safe for use.

"This is a standard product of ours and there are no previous incidents of anything of this sort. We are of course taking the issue of a customer who has suffered an injury very seriously", she says.

Our journalism is based on credibility and impartiality. Swedish Radio is independent and not affiliated to any political, religious, financial, public or private interests.
Du hittar dina sparade avsnitt i menyn under "Min lista".