Söderling has no plans to quit tennis
Sweden's top tennis star Robin Söderling says he has no plans to quit the sport just yet despite being forced to take an extended break due to glandular fever.
At a press conference in Stockholm on Monday, the 27-year-old said he still had his best years ahead of him.
"I really want to come back, I have not had my 28th birthday yet and hope to have many years left in the sport," Söderling said.
The former world number four was laid low by glandular fever after winning the Båstad tournament last July and has not been able to play since, despite two attempted comebacks at the US Open and the Swedish Open. Söderling admitted that he had been stupid to try and return too soon and it had delayed his recovery by three months.
He has visited a doctor in the United States and is jogging again.
The Swede, twice a losing finalist at the French Open, said last week that he would miss this year's tournament at Roland Garros as well as Wimbledon and the Olympics.
There was some good news for Söderling who announced on Twitter that he and his wife Jenni are expecting their first child in September.