Restaurant fire forces evacuation of apartment building

People living in an apartment building in the Södermalm district of central Stockholm were forced to evacuate on Saturday afternoon after a fire broke out at a restaurant on the ground floor.

News agency TT reports that the fire started in the restaurant kitchen and spread through the ventilation duct to the attic. The blaze was extinguished shortly after 2pm.

Our journalism is based on credibility and impartiality. Swedish Radio is independent and not affiliated to any political, religious, financial, public or private interests.
Du hittar dina sparade avsnitt i menyn under "Min lista".