Earlier the exhausted father of one of the journalists had said there would be no press conference, and that "they will probably slip out the back."
Magnus Falkehed and Niclas Hammarström were taken by unknown assailants on the 23rd of November 2013. Dagens Nyheter reports that the men will fly from Beirut to Stockholm, via Paris.
"We have suffered the full spectrum of physical and mental abuse: beaten with rifle butts, subjected to fake executions, whipped with hose pipes and shot at," says Niclas Hammarström, who was shot in the calf while trying to escape.
Jan Helin, editor-in-chief of tabloid Aftonbladet, spoke with Radio Sweden earlier on Thursday and said news of the journalists' freedom was a great relief for staff at the paper, where the pair had once worked as freelancers.
"We can't even image what they have been through and what their families have been through," Helin said. He spoke with Niclas Hammarström by telephone on Wednesday and added the photographer sounded well.
Helin said it is still unclear who was responsible for the kidnapping and declined to comment, for security reasons, on whether any money was paid for the release of Magnus Falkehed and Niclas Hammarström.