The 'second chance' round is when the songs that were placed third or fourth in the semi-finals get a second chance at landing a spot in the final round. A total of more than 6 million votes were placed in the round, which is a new record according to public broadcaster Swedish Television.
"This feels huge. It's the craziest thing I've ever been part of. I am so grateful to have landed a spot in the finals even though this is my first year in the competition," Boris René said shortly after the round was over.
The acts that will compete on March 12th to represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm later this year are as follows:
- Panetoz - Håll om mig hårt
- Lisa Ajax - My Heart Wants Me Dead
- David Lindgren - We are Your Tomorrow
- SaRaha - Kizunguzungu
- Oscar Zia - Human
- Ace Wilder - Don't Worry
- Robin Bengtsson - Constellation Price
- Molly Sandén - Youniverse
- Boris René - Put Your Love on Me
- Frans - If I Were Sorry
- Wiktoria - Save Me
- Samir & Viktor - Bada nakna