The Foreign Ministry confirmed that one woman was hospitalized with serious injuries while two men suffered minor injuries. One of the men was still at a hospital. Newspaper Expressen claimed the woman was unconscious and under care at the hospital.
Ministry spokesman Johan Tegel told TT that officials are in contact with the victim's relatives. Tegel could not say if the trio were wounded during the 8 am airport blasts or an hour later in the subway car.
Earlier in the day, it was reported that a man in his 50s was slightly wounded by shrapnel from the explosions inside the airport's departure hall. However, a ministry spokeswoman said little else is known about the victim.
"But we have no further details about the person," Anna Ekberg told TT.
Expressen reached the man who said he was heading to the check-in counter with another Swede when the first bomb went off.
"It sounded almost like a firecracker. People started running in different directions. Then, five seconds later, there was a big explosion," he told the newspaper.
They were close enough to the detonations that both were hit by shrapnel, Expressen reports.
A total of 6,000 Swedes live in Belgium and the ministry has asked that they follow the instructions of local authorities and avoid the airport or other unnecessary travel.
In addition to the twin blasts that ripped through the departure hall at the international airport, an hour later another bomb struck a subway train as it pulled out of the Maelbeek station. Tuesday afternoon the AP newswire, citing the Belgian public broadcasting service, reported that at least 34 were killed in both attacks.
European leaders have condemn the attacks and expressed their condolences.
In a statement, Prime Minister Stefan Löfven wrote that the Swedish government "is following the situation minute by minute." He called the events "an attack on our democratic Europe. We will never accept terrorists attacking our open societies."